NEVIS LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY (LLC)
Quick overview: A Nevis LLC is appropriate for anyone who desires a relatively inexpensive offshore company in a secure jurisdiction with good history of privacy and asset protection. If dealing with considerable amounts of funds, A Nevis LLC makes more sense than a Belize IBC. Other comparable options are a Cyprus LLC or a Seychelles LLC.
The Nevis LLC is a business legal entity located in an offshore, tax free jurisdiction, Nevis, that strives to provide clients with an alternative to the more stringent requirements of corporations or partnerships. Any LLC companies that are formed under Nevis will become their own legal entity with separate rights, liabilities and are distinct from their own managers or members. This results in personal liabilities for their debts and obligations. Unlike corporations, The Nevis LLC can be single member managed.
Any LLC’s that are formed in Nevis are allowed to be used for any lawful business purposes. Any legitimate business ventures may be used for professional practices including international financing arrangement for US or non-US operations, real estate holdings, manufacturing concerns and as an operational or investment vehicle for offshore trusts. Check with a tax-attorney first to determine your unique situation.
As a result of the Nevis legislation LLC companies are required to maintain a registered agent in the Nevis. By filing Articles of Organization with Registered Agent Worldwide, this will allow you properly form a LLC with Nevis. No monetary deposits are required for the formation of a Nevis LLC nor are your company required to issues any form of shares in order to commence operations. An “Operating Agreement” is necessary unless it is specified through the articles or organization, and this is provided from us at no extra charge. All company rights for members are defined through the operating agreement that is signed at the initial incorporation.
REGISTERED AGENT WORLDWIDE: NEVIS LLC SERVICES
Registered Agent Worldwide offers low cost Nevis offshore company formation services as compared to other agents. Once the original documents have been sent it takes generally 1-2 business days for the Nevis incorporation to be complete. We offer one of the low cost Nevis LLC incorporation
A simple conversion procedure can be done to convert foreign LLC to the Nevis LLC. The corporations are also able to join if they are a foreign entity once they transfer their domicile through another simple conversion procedure. If an emergency transfer in a foreign domicile is required, we can also provide provisions for this.
Single Member Nevis LLC’s
For sole proprietors, business partners and offshore companies looking to protect their assets, Nevis Limited Liability Company is an appropriate vehicle choice that will suit all your company’s needs. To achieve this Nevis has combined benefits for members of limited liability and corporate tax exemptions. Management processes and operations are basic and the incorporation process is also incredibly simple by short application requirements.
Nevis LLCs take jurisdiction law from the by the Nevis LLC Ordinance of 1995, which is actually derived from Wyoming LLC law. The law ensures the Nevis LLC includes all the key characteristics and features comparable to LLC’s formed in other jurisdictions. Under the Nevis LLC Ordinance of 1995:
- By filling out Articles of Organization with the registrar, your company will become part of the Nevis LLC.
- No shares are offered meaning that owners and members are not shareholders in the LLC.
- Separate rights and liabilities are offered with the Nevis LLC as part of a legal entity and are distinct from other members and managers. Investment values are limited to the member’s interests.
- The Nevis LLC is 100% tax free; there is no tax liability on the LLC. Members of an LLC in Nevis may be non-residents.
- The members of the LLC can be physical persons or entities, including corporations, partnerships, trusts etc.
The Nevis offshore LLC is actually derived from The Wyoming LLC. What this means is that the Nevis Offshore LLC has many of the same privacy and asset protection standpoints of a Wyoming LLC, except located offshore.
MANAGEMENT OF A NEVIS LLC
Management of a Nevis LLC can either be by the members themselves or they can designate a specific manager in which to receive orders from the members concerning the management of the company. Currently, there are no stock limitations allowing the company to issue preferred stock.
The Nevis LLC is extremely flexible, and you can re-domicile an LLC in and out of Nevis, which is obviously a great choice for many situations. There is also an option for emergency transfers of LLCs in times of crisis or for any reason..
What is required for Nevis LLC
The Nevis Limited Liability Company (LLC) does not have the complicated corporate requirements as the regular company, and is even easier to maintain than the offshore IBC. It is a perfect compliment of the partnership and the corporation.
- The Nevis LLC can be created with one member.
- The Nevis LLC operates as a separate legal entity and provides strong asset protection.
- The Nevis LLC has the opportunity to have a continuous life span.
- The Nevis LLC requires no annual filing, auditing or reporting in Nevis.
- The Nevis LLC does not have shares in the same way as a corporation might. It is owned by members and liability is limited to the proportion of the initial contribution.
- Members are required to protect their own personal wealth as LLC has only limited liability status. LLC is only responsible for its individual debts and obligations.
- Meetings may be held anywhere worldwide and they are not a statutory requirement to remain in good standing.
- LLC management and control is undertaken by members and has no board of directors. Any manager must be a member and only employed if deemed necessary.
- Only member’s interests in profits allow for LLC voting rights.
- All nationalities are welcome for members, corporate members as well as nominee members.
- Nevis LLC has zero liability and is a completely tax free entity as long as it does not transact business IN Belize.
- LLC Operating Agreement is optional, but should be stipulated in articles of incorporation. An operating agreement should be included.
- A registered agent and office are required to organize Nevis LLC.
- Registered Agent worldwide provides all these services as well while filling out the Articles of Formation with the registrar.
- Nevis is considered very private, and will not disclose your information.
- It is possible to arrange nominee members for a Nevis LLC.
WHY REGISTERED AGENT WORLDWIDE FOR NEVIS LLC
All Nevis Offshore LLC companies are required by law to have a registered agent within the St. Kitts & Nevis Federation. The incorporation should be done through a qualified service agent. Furthermore, the entity must have a registered address, which can be provided as needed.
When at the Registry all incorporation documents must be filed here as well as with the Articles of Organization. By having only one form of registration it allows us to ensure privacy and confidentiality.
Nevis LLC Articles of organization need to include:
- The official name of the Nevis LLC
- A company formation statement (which officially decrees the company)
- Any dissolution dates (when applicable, not required)
- A official registered agent’s name and number
- The management form agreed upon (either member managed or manager managed)
- Any other requirements that may be necessary
The above should be given to us, and with this information, your LLC can be formed within 48 hours, or faster if expedited is necessary.
BENEFITS OF NEVIS LLC
A Nevis LLC can protect your assets from any creditors around the world. This is not limited to government agencies, creditors, lawsuits as well as from other owners or directors from the company.
As an owner, you will manage the company without being personally responsible for the debts of the company. To protect these financial assets, an LLC uses strong jurisdictional law that protects the members and managers of the company. Remember, there are no shareholders and thus, no shares can be seized by court or by creditors should a lawsuit occur.
Any lawsuit must take place in Nevis, and except for cases of fraud or illegal activity, there are virtually no legal responsibilities for the management of the company in regards to the actions of the company.
A full list of benefits for a Nevis LLC:
- Receive exemption from local taxes
- Annual support at an affordable cost
- No minimum paid up from capital
- The Nevis Registrar of Companies and the public have no access to information about corporate managers, members and beneficial owners
- Management and member possibilities open to all
- No control over foreign control
LAWS IN NEVIS
The government of Nevis did a tremendous job of setting up a safe and secure offshore jurisdiction with the full intent of attracting investors and entrepreneurs to form companies in Nevis.
Another wonderful feature of belonging to the Members of an Nevis LLC are able to amend their organization articles as they begin to merge, consolidate or work with other foreign LLC entities. A Nevis LLC is a flexible legal entity, and allows members to lend their interests to other parties – this can allow for powerful mergers and acquisitions without expensive legal fee’s or long and complicated processes
Privacy for a Nevis LLC
One should be aware there is a Confidentiality Act which could mean fines or jailtime for any person who discloses confidential information. This means that there is no public access to any information. Furthermore, under the Nevis High Court order there is no statutory requirement to report beneficial owner details.
ALL ABOUT NEVIS
Nevis is geographically located about 1,200 miles to the southeast of Florida in the Caribbean. The Caribbean island belongs to the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis, but Nevis actually has its own corporate legislation located offshore.
Tourism is what drives the Nevis economy, but they are also very progressive in terms of developing its offshore services an offers progressive legislation such as modular multiform Nevis foundation and flexible Nevis companies. Offshore business entities which can be formed in Nevis include; Nevis Corporation, Nevis Trust, Nevis Limited Liability Company (Nevis LLC) and Nevis Foundation. Other offshore services being offered include offshore banking.
Any entrepreneurs or investors who value privacy, low taxes, and who are looking to form a company should consider a Nevis LLC for their protective laws, privacy, and strong asset protection.